HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
There are many ways to get involved in the life and work of the Cathedral.
- Join in our worship services on Sunday or during the week.
- Join a House Group to study aspects of the Bible and the liturgy, and get to know some great people.
- Find an opportunity to serve! There are many jobs where you can volunteer your skills and interests ( as much or as little as you can manage!). For example – sound desk operation on Sunday morning; serving morning tea after the service; cleaning, repairs and maintenance; flower-arranging; act as a host and safety warden for concerts and events; serve as a communion/chalice assistant, crucifer or greeter at services; be a tour guide; a bell ringer; contribute to children’s programmes. There are many opportunities to share and work with others.
- Join our choir, or involve your child in the Choristers.
- Serve on a committee to help implement fundraising, works, maintenance, health and safety, finance or communication. Or volunteer your time to help these people achieve their goals with working bees, and fundraising activities.
We welcome all volunteers who help make the Cathedral and its parish a home for all. Please talk with our People’s Warden or contact the office for more information. Full training will be given, so you do not need to already be an expert, you just need an interest in joining in the life of the Parish.